Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Celebrate America !!!

Hello Card Lovers,

              Once again comes my favorite time & month of the year "July". I love this month for three reasons: warm weather, July 4th & My Birthday !!! I am not writing this post to tell you why I love July, I wanted to show everyone my "Celebrate America" card. Here it is....

Materials Used
All paper used in card were scraps I had (Yay)
Cricut Alphabet Cartridge (star)
Sewing machine
White Sewing Thread
Me & My Big Idea Red Gems
The silver gems on wire I had lying around in my stash
Phrase Cafe Stickers (Celebrate America)
Cuttle Bug Emboss Folder
3D Foam Squares
ATG Adhesive
Card Base measures at 4.75x4.75. Small squares on card measure at 1.5x1.5, I adhered these squares onto card base using my ATG Adhesive and then I sewed around them using my sewing machine. I also stitched around the star as well and popped up using 3D foam squares. I hope everyone enjoys my tribute card to America !!! I will be entering this card into a couple different challenges.....

Simon Says blog challenge ( Sporty or Patriotic)
Paper Playtime (Diecuts Challenge: Red, White & Blue
My Craft Spot (4th of July)
Little Scrap Pieces (Use a Star)
Fantabulous Cricut ( Firework, Sparkler or Bigboom) I Hope a star counts?

Thanks everyone for stopping by
Happy Scrappin'
Brianna


10 comments:

  1. I love that you used scraps and got a spectacular look. The gems on wire are great! Thanks for playing along with us @ FCCB.
    Blessings,
    Belinda - DT
    http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and all from scraps too - just goes to show what we are hiding away !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love all of your stitching! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love all of the stitching! Thanks for joining us at FCCB challenge this week. Have a safe holiday and Happy Birthday!

    Janea
    www.recollectionalley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love you to play over at my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges, where there's a new challenge every Friday!
    http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the patchwork look with the real stitching! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the patchwork look, so cute! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    FCCB DT
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brianna love the gems they look like fireworks! Your stitching on the patchwork is awesome. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.

    Cheesy hugs,
    Sherri
    The Squeaky Scrapper

    ReplyDelete